This innovative, multi-device and highly engrossing e-learning course is the ideal resource for those looking to support their employees/learners as they undertake the Care Certificate as part of their staff induction programme. It has also received official endorsement from Skills for Care.
Who should take this course?
Everyone starting work in the health or social care sector should complete the Care Certificate including health care assistants, assistant practitioners, care, support workers, adult social care workers providing direct care in residential and nursing homes and hospices; and home care workers.
What does it cover?
It is made up of 15 standards which make up the complete Care Certificate. There is a 30-60 minute course for each of the standards which test employees’ knowledge and understanding. The standards covered in this course are:
• Understand your Role
• Your Personal Development
• Duty of Care
• Equality and Diversity
• Work in a Person-Centred Way
• Privacy and Dignity
• Fluids and Nutrition
What do learners achieve?
• Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability
• Safeguarding Adults
• Safeguarding Children
• Basic Life Support
• Health and Safety
• Handling Information
• Infection Prevention and Control.
This e-learning programme is incredibly flexible so that each learner can complete the standards that are specific to their role. It is also mapped to units on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) relating to health and social care qualifications, meaning learners can use the standards they have completed as recognised prior learning. Upon completion of the course, learners will meet the knowledge requirement of the Care Certificate. Once the competence elements have been observed in the workplace the Care Certificate can then be awarded by the employer.
Key course features
• Interactive and engaging resource to support the delivery of the Care Certificate knowledge
• Flexible delivery model which allows learners to manage the pace of their own learning
• Facility to revisit modules for revision or refreshment
• Learner knowledge is assessed and recorded
• Trackable record of learner progress
• Facility to add employer or training provider branding.