Any trained First Aider is required to renew their qualification at regular intervals. This course will renew your existing First Aid at Work qualification for a further 3 years if completed within 28 days after your current one expires.
This regulated qualification is in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981 and provides learners with the skills and knowledge to deal with First Aid situations in low and high risk environments.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Manage an unresponsive casualty
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Manage a casualty with a minor in jury
- Conduct a secondary survey
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joint
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Administer First Aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Provide First Aid to a casualty with suspected major illness