Effective writing skills reflect well on you and your organisation. This course aims to help you to develop the skills and techniques that will help you to communicate efficiently and effectively in the workplace.
Through this programme you will learn about:
• The principles of good written communication
• The basic rules of good writing – planning, relevance, accuracy, brevity, clarity
• What to say and how to say it
• Types of letters
• Letter writing approach
• Letter layouts and presentation
• Types of reports
• Report writing
• Objectives and audiences
• Collating, storing and marshalling information
• Dividing materials into manageable sections
• Punctuation, presentation and layout
As an optional benefit, delegates are invited to bring examples of letters and reports that they have encountered at work.